Voter ID card is accepted as the citizenship proof of the Indian citizens and it is also needed for casting vote in the elections. One can’t be able to participate in the elections without having the Voter ID card. If you want to cast your vote in the elections, then you can get the Election Voter ID card by registering for it on the online platform.
- If you want to cast your votes in Meghalaya elections, then you should be more than eighteen years old.
- You should be the citizen of India and resident of Meghalaya.
Documents required for the Voter ID card
- For the age proof, one can submit Aadhar card, PAN Card, Driving License etc.
- The recent passport size photographs will also be required by the citizens.
- The people who want to submit the residential proof can submit the copy of Ration card, electricity bill or any other document which is acc[eted by the government as the Address proof.
Procedure to register for the Voter ID Card
- First of all, you will need to visit the official website of the CEO of Meghalaya, http://ceomeghalaya.nic.in/.
- Then you can get the application form by Clicking on online services option http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6
- Add appropriate details in the form.
- Attach a copy of required documents with the form.
- Submit the form with the documents.
- Get the reference number and track the application status.
- Receive the Voter Id card at the residential proof provided by you in the application form.